Mary is one of the founding partners of Ketley Miller Joels LLP, a special Family Law practice. She initially trained as a teacher, and worked in schools and later colleges. She converted to Law in 1990, and in 1993 started her legal career with articles in a London practice. Since completing articles she has specialised in Family Law.
Mary deals with all aspects of family work and also retains her interest in education by being involved in courses, lecturing or running seminars for a variety of organisations both at undergraduate and post graduate levels, these include:
- 1994-2000 Whittington Hospital NHS Trust in conjunction with Southbank University. Lecturer in Children Act, The Legislation relevant to Psychosexual Therapists/Psychotherapists, Family Law.
- Contributor to child protection policy - Buckfast Abbey, Devon.
- Post graduate programme contributions on sexuality and the Law
- Additional lecturing on an ad hoc basis for various bodies, both charitable and non statutory (these include EACS, Thaddeus Birchard Associates and COSRT)
- Child Protection Policies
- Law, Children and Young Persons
- Suicide - Note Keeping and Data Protection
- Sexuality and the Law
- Legal Historical Perspective
- The law as it relates to psychotherapy and counselling
- Child Protection Policy
Mary has known Judi Keshet-Orr for some 30 years, providing input on the variety of training events they have run.